ABB launches FC-Protector fault current limiter to protect against high fault currents
2016-10-12 - ABB has introduced its new fault current limiter FC-Protector that complements the existing fault current limiter portfolio. The FC-Protector provides flexible use for indoor and outdoor installations combined with standardized interfaces and a new control unit QR6-B. Based on the long-term-proven and highly reliable Is-limiter technology available since 1958, with more than 3,000 installations around the world, the FC-Protector is developed to meet the requirements in standard applications.
The newcomer is available as fully type tested loose components to be used in retrofit or new installations. The FC-Protector is a cost-efficient solution for standard applications with short-circuit currents up to 63 kArms breaking capability, rated voltages up to 17.5 kV and rated currents up to 2500 A.
- New cost-efficient fully type tested fault current limiter for indoor and outdoor use
- Preventing high fault currents that potentially cause severe damages
- Short lead and response times due to standardized engineering process
- Immediate fault current interruption before the first current peak is reached
- Tripping value based on instantaneous current
- Standardized and compact solution
- Fast and easy implementation
- Plug and play insert replacement and eco-efficient refurbishment