ABB introduces Thomas & Betts
ABB and Thomas & Betts announced earlier this year that ABB has completed its acquisition of Thomas & Betts. The acquisition of Thomas & Betts advances ABB’s strategy of expanding its Low Voltage Products division into new geographies, sectors and products. The complementary combination of Thomas & Betts’ electrical components and ABB’s low voltage protection, control and measurement products will create a broader low voltage offering.
Thomas & Betts’ is a global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of high quality electrical products and components. Globally we have a portfolio of more than 200,000 products under 45 premium brand names. In Australia our main product lines are Emergency and Exit Lighting, Fans and Ventilation, Wire and Cable Management, Cable Protection Systems and Power Distribution and Utility products.
These include but are not limited to:
- Emergency and Exit Lighting: For more than 30 years, Stanilite has been the emergency and evacuation lighting industry innovator, pioneering products such as the Quickfit™ slide connect Exit, the Spirfire® recessed emergency light, Nexus® evacuation lighting monitoring systems in both cabled and RF variants and long life Lumatec Cold Cathode lamp technology. Incorporation of LED technology into our range, with our renowned product quality, continues our legacy of innovation and drive to provide the market with energy efficient solutions. Stanilite is regularly specified as the evacuation lighting product of choice and can be seen in a vast array of major buildings nationally.
- Fans and Ventilation: Manrose ventilation and extraction products include a diverse range of fan types and sizes, fittings and accessories. The range offers complete high quality solutions for both commercial and residential air movement applications.
- Cable Glands: From standard indoor metal glands to IECEx/ANZEx certified glands for Hazardous Areas.
- Power Distribution and Utility: A market leading range of overhead and underground distribution accessories which include High Voltage Cable Terminations, Current Limiting Fuses, Capacitor Switches and Reclosers from our leading brands Elastimold, Hi Tech Fuses, Joslyn High Voltage, Blackburn and Homac.
- Conduit Systems: The widest range of conduit systems available, T&B Australia have Hi-Flex Conduit which is AS2053.8 certified, Kopex-Ex for Hazardous Area solutions as well as Adaptaflex – the most recognised conduit system throughout Europe.
- Lightning Protection and Grounding: With our well known global brands - Furse, Blackburn, Color Keyed and Homac - T&B Australia are able to offer complete solutions including design assistance.
- Specialty Fastenings: T&B invented the cable tie in 1958 and have continually developed innovative product lines for all specialty environments.
- Cable Tray: T&B manufacture standard galvanised steel, stainless steel, marine grade aluminium and fibre glass systems and have unique designs.
- Hazardous Area Lighting: From our DTS brand in France and Hazlux brand in USA we have an extensive range of Industrial and Hazardous Area Lighting Solutions.
- Hazardous Area Boxes: In addition to lighting, our DTS range includes Hazardous Area Junction Boxes and customised Control Stations.
We are dedicated to providing solutions within the electrical industry with our companies’ global networked approach, which allows us to draw on the expertise of others within our organisation no matter where they may reside.
NATIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE
1300 666 595
1300 666 594 (Orders) 1300 131 625 (Project Quotes)