ABB Ability™ drives innovation in smart technology and digital ecosystem
ABB Ability™ Innovation Day and Digital Technology Showroom Inauguration held in Beijing
ABB held the “ABB Ability™ Innovation Day” in Beijing today with the theme of “building digital ecosystem through ABB Ability”. Customers, business partners, industry insiders, representatives of the media attended the event, and exchanged their insights about cross-industry collaboration, application of innovative digital technologies to support the growth of China’s Industrial Internet, and the convergence of Internet and manufacturing industry. On the same day, ABB inaugurated its Digital Technology Showroom, and kicked off the “ABB Cup National Intelligent Technology Thesis Contest”.
Industrial Internet, emerged with the integration of the latest information technology and the modern industry, provides the fundamental infrastructure for the digitalization of industrial economy. Recently, the State Council of China issued A Guideline to Deepen the Integration of the Internet and Advanced Manufacturing to develop the Industrial Internet to boost the real economy and speed up China’s economic transformation and upgrade. Now, it has become a focus of attention to tap the trend and build an ecosystem for the development of Industrial Internet.
Guests from the Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology (BJEIT), China Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), China Automation Association (CAA), Microsoft, Huawei, Ali Cloud, Deloitte and China Telecom shared their thoughts and practices in the fields of platform system, IT/OT integration, Energy Internet, Industrial Internet application and cyber security with ABB executives and technical experts. The participants were also enthusiastic over such hot topics as Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), edge computing and artificial intelligence.
Dr. Chunyuan Gu, President of the Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) Region, Chairman and President of ABB (China) Limited, said, “ABB has been at the forefront of every industrial revolution with its leading technologies throughout the 125 years of history, promoting the evolvement and development of many industries. As China is accelerating its economic transformation, ABB is committed to becoming the partner of choice to support China’s energy restructuring, manufacturing upgrade, smart city and transport infrastructure construction. We aim to help customers with our digital solutions to improve efficiency, reduce energy consumption and create new value. In future, we will continue to lead the innovation in smart technology, drive the development of technology from automation to autonomous, and build the digital ecosystem together with our partners.”
With more than 40 years of rich experience in digital technology, ABB Ability™, the unified, cross-industry digital capability of ABB from device to edge to cloud, combines the latest innovations in information technology with ABB’s deep domain expertise. ABB is bringing all the digitally connected devices, equipment, systems and solutions to build a digital ecosystem with partners and raise all-round values for customers.
ABB Ability™ platform has been successfully migrated in China. More and more digital solutions are adopted across utilities, industry, transport and infrastructure, helping customers optimize their operations, improve energy efficiency, production efficiency and innovation capability. The recent cases include:
- ABB provided Shandong Jinxing with the world’s first cloud-based ABB Ability™ Asset Health Center (AHC) solution to enable proactive maintenance and asset management for transformers, medium and high-voltage switchgears of different brands via real-time monitoring and analysis;
- ABB offered ABB Ability™ smart sensors and cloud-based applications to a number of companies including Baosteel. ABB smart sensor turns a traditional motor into a smart connected device in a very simple way. It is estimated that through predictive maintenance based on condition monitoring, the motor downtime could be reduced by up to 70%, lifetime extended by as much as 30%, and energy lowered by up to 10%.
- ABB equipped Ji’an Mulinsen Electronics Co. with ABB Ability™ Electrical Distribution Control System (EDCS) which will realize centralized monitoring and management of intelligent distribution systems across different locations. The project is expected to drive the region to become the largest LED production base in Asia.
- The 268 robots installed in Volvo’s factory in Chengdu, Sichuan province, were connected to ABB Ability™ Cloud Service for remote monitoring and fast fault detection, helping customer avoid unplanned shutdown and increase equipment availability.
- ABB Ability™ Manufacturing Execution System (MES) was installed at Xinjiang Western Tianshan Dairy Co. to monitor and manage overall production data and quality data, significantly improving the factory’s productivity, stability and flexibility.
- ABB partnered with Southern Heshun Co., an affiliated company of Shenzhen Power Supply Bureau of China Southern Power Grid, to build up China’s first smart parking and electric vehicle charging project. 90% of the charging points’ data can be remotely connected for self-detection and unattended charging, ensure 24-hour reliable and efficient EV charging service.
During the event, the guests were invited to inaugurate and visit the ABB Digital Technology Showroom. As a platform to showcase a full picture of ABB Ability™ solutions and applications, the showroom displayed ABB’s leading digital products, systems and solutions in such areas as future grid, smart manufacturing, smart city, smart transportation and future services with exhibits, simulation and interactive demonstrations. It will be a gate to co-invent solutions together with customers, partners and academics.
In addition, ABB and CAA jointly held a signing ceremony to kick off the “ABB Cup National Intelligent Technology Thesis Contest”, which is designed to recognize high-quality papers, technological innovations and outstanding practices, as well as to provide a platform for technology and experience exchange. Based on years of relentless efforts in promoting the integration of industry and academic research, ABB further encourages innovation and practice in the field of intelligent technologies, providing support to talent development and promoting the rapid development of the Industrial Internet and the transformation manufacturing in China.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees. ABB has a full range of business activities in China, including R&D, manufacturing, sales and services, with 17,000 employees located in 139 cities, 40 local companies, and online and offline channels across over 300 cities.
For more information on ABB, please visit: http://new.abb.com/cn
Sina Weibo: @ABB China
Official WeChat Account: abb_in_china
Official WeChat QR Code: