ABB at FoodPro 2017 | Sydney | 16–19 July
2017-07-13 - Join ABB at FoodPro to learn about the growing trends of automation and digitalisation that are reshaping the modern food industry and informing new practices
The food and beverage industry is faces a dual imperative of maintaining competitiveness and profitability while adhering to ever higher standards for safety and regulatory compliance.
ABB‘s presence at FoodPro 2017 will focus on the automation and electrification solutions that can help manufacturers overcome common issues such as health and safety risks, rising cost of labour, as well as increasing raw materials and energy costs.
To remain competitive food and beverage manufacturers in Australia must consider automation as part of their overall business strategy. ABB can help manufacturers build the flexible, cost effective production systems needed to manage risks and gain the most from today’s trends.
Integrated into your business priorities
From conversion of raw ingredients to final packaging / bottling and palletizing, there are considerable opportunities to improve energy efficiency in many of the processes and activities needed to bring food and beverages to the market.
In addition to conserving energy and water, many of these also support production priorities such as productivity, quality and food safety while reducing waste.
ABB AbilityTM solutions for the food and beverage industry
ABB Ability is our unified, cross-industry digital capability – extending from device to edge to cloud – with devices, systems, solutions services and a platform that enable our customers to know more, do more, do better, together.
Focus products and solutions at FoodPro
- ABB Ability System 800xA High Integrity: Plant safety fully integrated with ABB Ability System 800xA
- Energy management in the factory: ABB Abiltiy Elecrical Distribution Control System connects circuit breakers to a cloud platform, gathering data to analyse the performance of the system at multiple points. Optimizing performance by up to 30%.
- The ABB Ability System 800xA can control, monitor and coordinate all the drives as well as electrical equipment. Providing a fully redundant system to ensure the plant obtains the highest reliability control system.
- ABB Ability Smart SensorABB Ability Smart Sensor: Condition monitoring solution for low voltage motors. Letting you know when it’s time for a service.
- The IRB 1200 robot– now available with a Food Grade Lubrication (NSF H1) option, which includes Clean Room ISO Class 3 and IP 67 protection rating to ensure uncompromising safety and hygiene.
- The new IEC stainless steel wash-down motor and gearbox – designed for repeated high pressure harsh wash-down applications, with industry leading premium seal and bearing protections and food-safe designs.
- TY-Fast® bacteria-resistant cable ties, a breakthrough safety solution for fastening in bacteria-prone areas.
- Adaptaflex® Anti-microbial cable protection solutions, effective cable protection in the drive to add value to the supply chain.
- UPS and power conditioners that can protect a facility from disturbances in the electrical supply