Maintenance release of REB500 version 7.60 (7.60.15)
A new revision of the REB500 version 7.60 has been released. The new revision designation of REB500 is 7.60.15
Some of the issues that have been corrected / improved in the new revision:
- Additional diagnosis information available at the Central Unit.
For each of the following cases, additional diagnostic data is stored at the REB500/REB500sys Central Unit
- a busbar trip
- a differential current alarm
- an internal error (exception) at the central unit
The recorded diagnosis data is retrieved by using the “error diagnosis terminal”. This diagnostics data can be analyzed by ABB REB500 specialists.
- The CT Saturation Algorithm will be used also in non-mixed, pure 61850-9-2 LE configurations
This to support of systems using combinations of conventional and non-conventional instrument transformers.
- New input signals for the EFP application were introduced
The new release signals “14605_EFP ext release_1” and “14610_EFP ext release_2” of EFP can be used in case a feeder has a bypass.
- Signal “41850_Time not in sync” to indicate if time source is missing
If no time source is available during startup of the REB500/REB500sys then no indication of 41850_Time not in sync was issued. This has been corrected.
- The BBP zone measurements are set to "invalid" in case they are not updated
This is the case when “32205_Block_BBP” or “31205_Block_SP” is applied.
For the full list of improvements, please read the release note
Recommendation to update
Due to the nature of the improvements, the update is not mandatory.
However, to be able to benefit from the changes, a firmware update is necessary.
IED Connect support
Updating to the new firmware does not require any changes in the used HMI500. The revised HMI500 version is only mandatory if one of the three additional signals in revision 7.60.15 are used:
Ordering and delivery
Please contact your local ABB.
- 14605_EFP ext release_1
- 14610_EFP ext release_2
- 41850_Time not in sync
Global Lead Product Manager
Grid Automation Products