ABB in the Czech Republic delivers eHouses for a new gas field in Uzbekistan
2017-08-21 - ABB's Modular System group in the Czech Republic has successfully delivered eHouses to the Hyundai Engineering Company for KANDYM. The project is owned by the Lukoil Uzbekistan Operating Company. Project at a glance
- General contractor: Hyundai Engineering Co., Korea; Segment: oil and gas
- ABB products: eHouse, UniGear MV switchgear, ZX/SafePlus MV switchgear, MNS3.0 LV switchgear, power transformers, circuit breakers, protection relays, current and voltage transformers
The biggest challenge of the project was its high degree of technical complexity with large amounts of equipment and the customer’s requirements for resilience to harsh environmental conditions.
ABB's objective was to supply a modular system eHouse, with MV switchgear UniGear ZS1, ZX, SafePlus, and an LV switchgear MNS system to support a significant increase in the gas production capacity in the new Uzbekistan oil fields.
The customer also needed a compact and robust eHouse construction that would withstand harsh weather conditions, such as strong and cold winds and extreme temperature differences.
The total volume of the project is 112 modules of the eHouses divided into 12 stations. The stations are fully equipped with ABB switchgear including more than 700 ABB switchgear panels with ratings from 0.4 kV to 10 kV and 35 kV. The complete engineering for the eHouses was provided by EPMV's Brno technical specialists. The work included switchgear assembly, UPS, HVAC, bus ducts, F&G (fire and gas), and complete system design of all stations. ABB's scope of the project also included necessary service support onsite such as installation supervision, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
About the project
- eHouse is a reliable technical solution manufactured and tested in the factory
- eHouse consists of modules with compact standardized dimensions for easy transportation
- The complete prefabrication and pre-testing in the factory enables quick installation along with rapid commissioning and energization on-site
- Technical solutions are fully designed directly in factory with full technical support and flexibility
Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co., Ltd is a major construction company in South Korea founded in 1947. Lukoil Oil Company (Lukoil) is the largest Russian oil mining and processing company founded in 1991. Their headquarters are in Moscow.
Kandym gas field is located in Uzbekistan, in the Bukhara region, at the center west of Uzbekistan.