ABB announces APW virtual conference for the oil, gas, and chemicals industry
Cary, North Carolina, November 1, 2016 – ABB today announced the schedule, theme, and session titles for the next conference in its APW virtual conference series. The event, “Outperform in an uncertain market,” will focus on the oil, gas and chemicals industry and will take place November 10, 2016, 11:00 am-4:00 pm EST. The online conference is free to attend.
Tight capital budgets, technology advances, shifting workforce demographics, and the need to manage project schedules are just a few of the challenges facing companies in the oil, gas and chemicals industries. In this session of ABB’s APW virtual conference series, experts from large oil, gas, and chemicals companies will discuss how they are dealing with change and uncertainty in order to stay competitive in today's market cycle.
This virtual conference features two tracks, “Critical factors for serving an uncertain market” and “Staying competitive during any market,” and a keynote on “Staying competitive: How major oil, gas and chemicals companies are approaching the industry differently during a challenging market.” Each track consists of four sessions, led by ABB and industry experts. Topics include:
- Smart and efficient solutions to sharpen your next proposal
- How “lean” construction reduces overall capex and increases project efficiency
- Downstream project strategies that decrease capex, opex and delivery times
- Identifying new business opportunities in a world of aging infrastructure
- The value of partnership and integrating power and automation
- Keeping production running: Critical factors that prevent unexpected downtime
- The digitalization of the industry: Getting the right data, at the right time, to the right people
- Midstream spotlight: A roadmap to safety for people and processes
In-person and online, ABB’s Automation & Power World (APW) is the place to meet world-class industry experts, learn about solutions to your business challenges and experience the most innovative automation and electrification technologies and solutions for manufacturers and utilities being developed today. For more information about this conference and upcoming APW virtual conferences, please visit http://new.abb.com/apw/digitalconference
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com