ABB extends BDG current transformer portfolio for generator circuit-breakers
2016-09-21 - ABB introduces indoor current transformers BDG 072 A0 and BDG 072 B3 to extend the existing BDG product portfolio with the smallest and the biggest body designs to serve all generator circuit-breakers requirements.
The BDG indoor current transformer without primary conductor is designed for installation in generator circuit-breaker systems (GCB) and extends the portfolio for power grid applications. The BDG
is constructed with a built-in design for installation inside of the generator circuit-breaker.
The introduction of the new BDG 072 A0 and BDG 072 B3 complements ABB’s offering of the current transformers for the generator circuit-breaker. All models are epoxy free and designed as multicoil body with multiple variants of inner dimensions and rated primary currents. The total number of inner dimensions in the BDG portfolio is five, rated primary current is up to 57 000 A, rated short-time thermal current is up to 210 kA (3s).
- Fast and easy installation: multi-coil transformer representative is designed as one set focused on easy manipulation
- Precise measurements during the whole lifetime of GCB assured by the BDG design with rigid coil fixation
- Epoxy free
- Variety of diameters – in range 700 mm to 1275 mm
- Multicoil solution – up to 3 cores per one frame
- Tested according to the latest standards IEC 61869-1, IEC 61869-2
- Ambient temperature categories -45 to +80°C