This week, in Frankfurt, Germany, ABB is showcasing the full extent of its smarter homes, buildings and mobility portfolio. From its 1,400 square meter exhibition space (hall 8.0, booth F50/G50), the pioneering technology leader is demonstrating how it enables customers to improve sustainable energy usage, safety & security and comfort across a range of building types. ABB is also showcasing its AC wallbox, a new electric vehicle charging solution for homes and businesses, completing the com-prehensive offering of ABB.
Tarak Mehta, President, Electrification Products division at ABB said: “We are at the cutting edge of smart homes and buildings, and are proud to be unveiling a range of new products and solutions that span the full electrification chain of smarter energy management through to e-mobility. Our focus is on developing solutions across residential and commercial buildings, facilitating increased energy efficiency, comfort, convenience and security for end users. In addition, visitors have the unique op-portunity to see a Formula E car firsthand, as ABB has become title sponsor of the world’s first fully electric international FIA motorsport series, given our revolutionary advances in electro mobility tech-nology.”
With the end user in mind, ABB’s smarter homes and buildings solutions deliver industry leading en-ergy savings
• REACT 2 is ABB’s new high-voltage solar energy storage solution, which can deliver 90 percent energy self-reliance for home owners. When used in combination with ABB’s home automa-tion system, ABB-free@home®, home owners can increase control over their electricity usage, avoiding consumption peaks by spreading the load to keep within their generating capacity.
• Broadening its reach in to KNX-automated HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning), ABB unveils the new ClimaECO offering for commercial buildings, designed to improve energy efficiency by up to 30 percent.
• ABB’s EQmatic Energy Analyzer, the first solution for data management collected via M-bus meters measuring electricity, gas, water, and heat, enabling companies to reduce their energy consumption by up to 20 percent.
• Delivering energy savings of up to 30 percent, a new energy and asset management portfolio; ‘Give your buildings a new dimension’, integrates the functionality of two existing ABB energy monitoring solutions with the company’s cloud-based ABB AbilityTM Electrical Distribution Control System to intelligently acquire, store and analyze data on a buildings energy consump-tion.
Comfort and convenience with ABB AbilityTM
ABB is driving the future of interoperability in the smarter homes and buildings sector, utilizing open platforms powered by ABB Ability, the company’s cloud-based, industry-leading portfolio of digital solutions, which supports the integration of multiple services and solutions from both within ABB and external parties.
• Busch-VoiceControl® KNX is a new voice-activated KNX control system capable of managing up to 99 building functions. It is the first to be compatible with the big three market leaders in voice control devices – Amazon, Google and Apple.
• The new MyBuildings portal allows customers to manage and control a wide range of auto-mated home and building services, including ABB i-bus® KNX, ABBfree@home® and ABB-Welcome.
• The new ABB-tacteo KNX sensor, an individually-configurable control element for intelligent building control, allows customers to configure icons and labels on the control element via an online configurator at the MyBuildings portal.
Safety and security
With the safety of both buildings and its occupants a leading priority, ABB unveils tailored solutions for the residential and commercial market:
• ABB-secure@home is a new, user friendly intrusion and alarm system for residential proper-ties, which integrates with ABB’s existing home automation solution and door entry system.
• With the launch of the new ABB i-bus® KNX IP Router Secure, ABB is one of the first to protect KNX installations within smart buildings such as hotels and offices from cyber-attacks and deliver a more robust KNX network.
• The new AC wallbox provides a high quality, cost effective electric car charging point for private and business use.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
For more information please contact:
|Media Relations Manager||Affolternstrasse 44|
|Electrification Products Division|
Phone: +41 (0)43 317 54 04