Life Cycle Management Update
2018-01-31 - Technical information 1SDC210347M0201
LCM status update announcement for ABB Low Voltage Products #17
with the present update we inform you about changes on Life Cycle Phases Status of the ABB Low Voltage products for BU EPPC indicated on point 2, according to the ABB LCM definition.
In point 2 you also may find the list of the Last Buy opportunity for dismissed products.
After the indicated date the availability of these products is not guaranteed anymore.
Product LCM phases are outlined below:
For more information on low voltage products life cycle management and available services please visit EPPC Service web page.
2. Summary of main changes in this release
Switches & Fusegear
- New Active products added: Emax2 /ML and Ekip UP
- Emax new /ML with PR121-122-123 will change to Classic phase on Jul.2018
- Emax new IEC E1-6 VF with PR111VF will be available for sales up to of Jun.2018
- PR010/T for PR1xx-PR2xx-PR3xx will be available for sales up to of Sept.2018
Motor starters & Contactors
- New Active products added: OTM40…125_C_D automatic transfer switches (H2/2017); OFAZ00…3 fuse bases (H2/2018)
- Active to Classic 1.7.2017: InLine: XLBM, XUBM
- Active to Classic 1.1.2018: SLBM, BSL
- Active to Obsolete 1.7.2017: SlimLine: XR_, 50-DC_, EFM_, XR_185_4P-ITS2:, XR_185-DC-MOT_, XR_BS-50-DC_, XR_BS-185_ITS2-MOT, XR_BS-185-4P-ITS2, XR_BS-185-DC
- Active to Obsolete 1.10.2017: OT200…2500_H with thick silvering terminals
- Classic to Obsolete 1.7.2017: Front operated plastic enclosed switches (SECEW)
- Classic to Obsolete 1.1.2018: SLK Fast Line products (outside NO, SE, CN and AT)
- Classic to Obsolete 1.1.2019: OEVA Pre charge switches
- Limited to Obsolete 1.1.2018: OT160E switch disconnectors, except OT160E3 and E4, which still available; OETL200…315K: and OETL630…800K switch disconnectors; OS100…160D_B_ and OESA200…800 switch fuses
Active to Classic
- MS132-0,16 K …. 32K Manual Motor Starters, AF09 … 38 -..K Contactors up to 38 A AC-3, NF..K Contactor Relays and main accessories with push-in spring terminals will be launched in H1 2018
- New range of Installation Contactors ESB16, 20, 25, 40, 63 and 100, as well as EN20, 25 and 40 including a common auxiliary contact EH04, will be launched in Q1 2018.
Limited to Obsolete
- The old range of Installation Contactors ESB20, 24, 40 and ESB63, EN20, 25 and 40 enters classic in H2 2018 (full replacement by new range)
- Manual Motor Starters MS450/451 and accessories changed into obsolete Phase in H2 2017, the range is fully replaced by MS165
- Manual Motor Starter MS225 range entered in Obsolete in H2 2017
- A part of the Limit switches assortment enters Obsolete phase in January 2018
Arc Guard System
- Manual Motor Starter MS325 continues as Active products for selected applications
- The limited phase of Manual Motor Starter MS495/496/497 has been extended until 2020
- E range Electronic Overload relays remain available after request in limited phase
- Missing accessories added to the Active products list.
Electronic Relays and Controls
- CL-1 and KA2 stay Active with no termination date
- L-mark products (*-L) stay Classic until 2018-07
- M4SS and CMEP become Classic 2018-01
Non Active Products
- New Gridfeeding Monitoring Relays CM-UFD.M3xM with Modbus RTU communication
- New EthernetIP EIU32.0 communication interface for UMC100.3
- New UMC100.3 variants with coated PCBs
- Life cycle planning for CT-E updated
- Life cycle planning for ILPH 232-485/ETH updated
- Life cycle planning for CC-U / CC-E updated. Short term actions for these products required!
- Life cycle planning for few R600 types updated
Announcement for 2018 - 2019
- Life cycle planning for CM-KRN / CM-WDS updated
“Last buy date” of July 2018:
- SNA Spring changed from limited to obsolete on 2018-Jan., SNA Spring replaced by PI-Spring ZK
- HTP and markers from classic to limited on 2018-Jul., replaced by new generations
- BRU 1 pole versions from limited to obsolete on 2019-Jan., replaced by DBL products
- BAM2 grey and beige changed from limited to obsolete on 2018-Jan., replaced by BAM4
- Black NBR bumpers.
- Fox footpedal.
- ASi cable PUR
- Dalton bracket 3-6
- kits for Tmax T2 and T3 change to obsolete on 01.01.2018; last buy opportunity 01.01.2018;
- kit X1 change to limited on 01.01.2018;
- frame codes change to limited on 01.01.2018;
- busbars codes change to limited on 01.01.2018;
- external cover codes change to limited on 01.01.2018;
- segregation codes change to limited on 01.01.2018.
3. LCM products next update Announcement
Here attached you may find complete list of announcement
of changes in the Life Cycle status and Last Buy opportunities of Low Voltage products:
- Life Cycle Phase Status Plan 2018/01.xls
Link to Library - Open in “excel” and in “Intro” sheet select required list from the “index” section links - the xls file is for internal use only – EPPC Organization
Important note; in the xls file you will also find suggested price increase indications
4. To whom it may concern
Here below the documentation for customers:
1. Official letter:
(Link to Library)
2. Life Cycle Phase Status Plan 2018/01
( Link to Library - in "Intro" sheet required list from the "index" section links)
Note: Product phases could be different by countries.
The indications in this document are valid for all Countries except China and India (for which you are requested to select the dedicated LCM status plan 1SDC210347M0202-1SDC210347M0203).